So I'm in Spain. I'm on stop one of my adventure and I'm busy getting my "cultural" feet wet. Here are some things I have learned, things I can adapt to, and things I am not going to ever understand...
1. The people in Spain are B-E-A-UTIFUL!!
2. Once the Spainards figure out I am not one of them, they immediately guess I am a native of Miami. Maybe that's the only geography they know.
3. Ice cream is best eaten.... any time of the day. I love them!
4. Cars don't stop, neither do motorcycles
1. Staring is totally okay. Yes, eye contact is accepted and expected with strangers, especially hot ones!
2. Life shuts down on Sundays and from 2-5 everyday. Ridiculous? I would say perfect actually. Life is just slower here and it is wonderful. No drive-thrus, no to go cups. Everyone sits and spends at least an hour eating. Typically outside. The U.S. definitely needs to get on board.
3. PDA is totally okay. I'm okay with this... now I just need to find someone to try it out
4. when you see someone you know on the street, it is required that you stop and talk to them
5. dos besos are way better than a handshake...
Are you kidding me?
1. Mullets are acceptable. ewww
2. nothing can beat number 1....
Finally. The best part. I LOVE the outfits. I need to add a pair of colored skinny jeans to my wardrobe, but otherwise i fit right in. love love love it!!
Next up... sending Sarah off to Malaga and a week of Spain by myself. We'll see how that goes!