Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snippets

My heart hurt a little when I made the first cut. If they knew what I was going to do with the purchase they wouldn't have sold it to me, but the deed was exhilarating none the less. I was breaking every rule that I had ever been taught.

The pages flew by and I caught snippets of lines here and there. Just enough to grab my attention and peak my interest, before the exacto-knife took them away. Lines about Darl and Shreve, treachery and wagons, adventures and damnation. Unfortunately they were tidbits of stories and I had a project to finish. Fortunately there are miles of road that are to be eaten up this Christmas. Miles that can be filled with complete line after complete line of Faulkner.

Nothing better than some dark demented irony-filled stories at Christmas time.

No comments: