Tuesday, February 23, 2010

After midnight...

It's late. The little closet-sized room I'm in is stuffed full of science. Centrifuges, microscopes, incubators, pipettes, test tubes, and sterile hoods. All the science and the small surface area takes the temperature in the room to a comfortable 37 degrees Celsius. The radio croons in the background singing of lost loves, wide-open country and Ford pick-up trucks. I'm approaching the fifth hour in this closet and have slowly shed nearly every layer to keep the heat from pulling harder on my already heavy eyes. Security came through hours ago. There's no one here but me, the cells, and the radio, but I welcome the peace and quiet. There are twenty minutes left on the centrifuge and tabletop is looking more and more appealing.

It's been a long time since I've been here this late. I'm looking forward to not having to do it much longer.

Here's to May 16th...

No comments: