Wednesday, April 21, 2010

holding on for the ride...

I've spent my day being reaffirmed. Little comments not meant to be heard, notes written on white boards, even an occasional compliment. Despite all these I'm still reminding myself to put my big girl pants on and to be strong.

It's time for me to stand up. Time to fight. Time to face those things I've been sweeping under the rug.

No more Miss Nice Girl.

It's time some people started paying attention to me. Not in the selfish, I'm all there is kind of way. But the, hey, you, I exist, I'm competent, and i'm tired of being ignored kind of way.

It might get messy. It might get crazy. It sure as hell isn't going to boring.

Here's to the craziest week so far. It'll only be out-shadowed by next week, but we aren't looking that far ahead....

No comments: