Friday, April 29, 2011

Dog Days

Happiness, hit her like a train on a track, Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back, She hid around corners and she hid under beds, She killed it with kisses and from it she fled, With every bubble she sank with a drink, And washed it away down the kitchen sink...

I tracked out the two mile trek a couple days ago. It is exactly two miles from my apartment to North Kansas City Highschool, which sits right across a very nice park, complete with slides and swings (my personal favorite. Everything can be solved when swinging).

My feet started their pounding and the hills gave way into glorious decent just as I was about ready to die. So I made it the two miles to the park and found a swing and let my mind go.

I have a job. It took three hours for an offer to come through from a lab in Olathe that focuses on drug metabolism for pharmaceutical companies. It even has health insurance... woah.

I have an apartment. Granted it's still in all sorts of disarray, but it's a place to come home.

I don't have a car. I'm driving my mom's, which is great, but.... it's my mom's. So I get to go searching for a new one because the old Lexus (which I have been telling you all to not judge based on its brand is a piece of junk after all. Who knew?... oh wait... I did)

When the swing was going about as high as it could, I pulled my arms through the chains and jumped right as the swing reached the top of its arch.

My feet landed, and I started the two miles back home. And I just ran...

...Run fast for your mother run fast for your father, Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind you, Can't carry it with you if you want to survive



No comments: