Monday, February 16, 2009

I sit at the front desk, watching girls filter in and out. 
Some look up and say hello, other's keep walking, preoccupied with their lives. 
They walk in, look up, then walk on, and I keep sitting... 

I try to think about loving people like Christ would want me too, forgiveness, acceptance, apologies, but i'm distracted 
I just watch girls walk in, look up, then walk on. I keep sitting.

I can't decide how to feel. I can't get any homework done, 
I just watch girls walk in, look up, then walk on, and I keep sitting... 

I had a really good talk today with some friends
I had a really bad talk today with some friends
but i can't think about it
I just keep sitting... 

Lyrics from songs, conversations, the day flow in and out waiting for me to take ownership over them before they escape. Almost like that hazy state you are in right after you wake while you try to remember the dream as it slips from your memories... 
I still sit

I need someone to pull me out of my head, but all I have is the steady rhythm of the door opening, closing, opening closing. A most annoying lullaby that lets the minutes slide by. Sounds of people leaving and going, living their lives, all while I sit, waiting.

opening
closing opening
closing, sitting, opening, closing

sitting 







No comments: