Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hello adult world

Two am rolled around and I was still lost in conversation. In a lull I see that my phone has a new text. Hating that I was taking my attention away from the person I was sitting with, i quickly check my phone, my curiosity getting the better of me. I scroll through a list of people in my head trying to figure out who would need me at two in the morning. No one needed me, just got a simple reminder that we are adults now. The text said...

Sparkles shined brightly tonight.

It was in reference to a conversation from two years ago. A nickname that I gave a good friend after he shared his plans for the future. Tonight he set those plans in motion. Welcome to the adult world, where big girl and big boy decisions have to be made everyday.

As for me, I'm going to keep running down alleyways barefoot, wearing my workboots with shorts even if it isn't raining or I don't have to work, and pretending to be an adult only when I want to...

No comments: