Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Scientist

I used to start these blogs with lyrics from songs.

At the beginning is was just the songs that were stuck in my head, or the ones that I woke up singing, but then a metamorphous began. They began to be little messages that I would send out to people who probably would never get them. They would never understand that they were written for them, but that was half of the point.

After awhile they turned into messages to just one person. Lyrics that reminded me of that person, or made me think of a certain shared memory, or even the ones that declared my love for them.

So the other day I stumbled across an Portuguese friend's blog. His latest post was one that was following in my message-in-a-blog style. And I'm pretty sure it was meant for me. I mean there was no missing it.

Here's his post...

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

So at this point I didn't think anything of it. It wasn't until I heard the song on the radio later that I discovered it's meaning. The lyrics are from the chorus of a song by Coldplay called The Scientist. If that isn't a coded message, I don't know what is....


No comments: