Thursday, March 10, 2011

just a jump north of the border

Come back to Texas, It's just not the same since you went away, Before you lose your accent, And forget all about the Lone Star State...

My bags are sitting by the front door. And by bags I mean a purse and a bag that would fit the size requirements of a carryon. A week plus worth of clothes in a bag that doesn't even require a zipper. I'm getting good at this leaving thing.

I'm headed south in the morning. Back to the big land of trucks, border patrol and breakfast tacos, where the weather is already breaking into the nineties and the barbeque grills are waiting.

I'm ready to see the friends I left nearly six months ago. I'm ready to visit some zebras, sidle up to the bar and have everyone know my name. I'm ready to switch my brain back to spanish and to struggle finding the right word.

I must admit that I am pretty excited. I'm ready to feel the sweet foreignness of a rolled 'r.' on my tongue and the burn from the jalapenos,

Cause like the song says, the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway...

...There's a seat for you at the rodeo, And I've got every slow dance saved....
Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway

1 comment:

Selina said...

Have fun! I can't wait to go back in June!!