Friday, January 23, 2009

anger, frustration, exhaustion

Three wonderful feelings. Here's how they come into play in my life

1.) Anger - 
I have a pet peeve that has been growing since birth basically, thanks to the millions of guys out there. I am a smart girl and I have my own opinions, which I feel I have a right to voice. However in my many experiences and a rather recent one, I have not been allowed to have my own opinion. This is mainly because no matter what that opinion is, according to this person it is wrong. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, or that he is intimidated, or he just wants to cause some drama, who knows. Whatever the reason, it isn't a good one. So my stubborn self has to argue with him, which only makes the situation worse. So I've decided, no need to deal with this issue, I'll just ignore him. So the brooding anger has slipped in and made it's home. Luckily for me, this is a person that I need to relinquish certain feelings for so in the long run I think it is a win-win. 

2.) Frustration 
Science is dirty. It woos you with hope and excitement of making new discoveries and then slowly crushes you with intensive hours of work until it delivers it's death blow by yielding no results. Long story short, in the last three days Hannah and I have spent hours on hours (12 I think) preparing cells for analysis. We have obtained lousy results. Luckily for us we get to do it again (three times actually) Thank goodness it is only the end of the first week of classes

3.) Exhaustion
All this has led to the final feeling. Exhaustion. I figured there would be a little difficulty getting back into the swing of things, but this has been rather extreme. I was hoping to ease back into it, but the school year has come with a vengeance and it is a killer. 

So here's to another semester full of boys who stifle my opinions, science which kills my soul, and exhaustion which will take the rest of my life. Who doesn't love school?? 

No comments: