Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh Sarah

I promised my friend I would write this for her, but I wasn't planning on doing it with this post it just kind of morphed into something good... imagine that. 
 
I am profoundly affected by the sun. It is amazing to me what a beautiful sunset can do to my mood or how those little sunbeams that dance in your window in the morning can fill me with hope and promise. This week has had its ups and downs, but it is ending with one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen in a while. The sun is slowly dipping behind the trees painting the sky with all sorts of oranges, reds, and yellows. It's visions like these that make me wish i had skill with a paintbrush. 

The sun I think has a lot to teach us. I'm feeling rather philosophical today, maybe it's because I can't process everything that has happened this week or maybe it's because I'm alone after hours of being around people. Either way this is what the sun has taught me. ..
 
The sun is always there. It is like a good friend, sometimes it goes away for a while, but you know that it is just right behind that cloud. With all the relationship changes I've experienced these past few months, I feel that you are my metaphorical sun. You may be out of my life for a little while, but when you poke your head out from behind that cloud (or I find you on skype) you brighten my day and allow me to get through the gloomy nasty days without you. 

Faithfulness and trust. I think this is what I am looking for in all of my relationships. The sun will always be there. I can count on you to always be there. I can trust that the sun will warm the earth (most days), give energy for the plants to grow, and light up even the roughest of days. Sarah, you can bring a smile to my face just thinking about you. You are my favorite and I miss laughing with you and being silly with you. 

So friend, thank you for being my ray of sunshine. You are beautiful and confident and wonderful. I miss you and am looking forward to our next chat!   

No comments: