Wednesday, June 9, 2010

great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts....

One year ago today I was returning from my first experience with a Portuguese beach. The sun, the sand, the people, the food, everything was fabulous.

Today I am back in Wichita, be it only temporarily, where the closest thing to a beach is the puddle on the side of the street from the thunderstorms last night.

Sunday I leave for Texas. Not so much beach there either, but definitely another adventure.

Just gotta say it's about damn time.
________________

in other news... I was at the grocery store last night for a late night oreo's and milk run. I've spent the last week enjoying this delectable treat with a variety of folks. We have discussed the different dipping methods, and the optimal time for the perfect smooshy cookie. However through all of this I have always found someone to drink my dipping milk. When I was seven I ate some oreo's drank my milk, then threw it all up. My mom blames it on the fact that I had strep, but I know the real culprit is the gritty grimy milk full of the oreo's discards and leftovers. Well after receiving much teasing over my inability to drink the milk, I gave in and drank it. Yes, for all you skeptics out there I drank the oreo milk. I didn't like it but i drank it. And the whole time I just kept thinking about the song we used to sing when we were little...

Great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts
Mutilated monkey feet
Chopped up baby parakeet
Great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts
And me without my spoon

It made the milk go down a lot easier...

No comments: