Thursday, September 17, 2009

deepest darkest secrets...

I hate public toilets. It takes a lot of me to become comfortable using them, and even then i prefer to use them by myself, which is often a rarity. So typically I pass them up and just hope to make it home in time. Today however I couldn't wait any longer. I walked to the corner bathroom that is tucked out of the way and usually deserted and was struck with an odd thought...

I'm very territorial about the bathroom stall that I use.

The bathroom wasn't deserted. There was one other person in the stall, but she was in my stall. I don't know if it's a germ thing and I want to limit the amount of toilet seats I'm sitting on, or if it's a loyalty thing, or maybe all those irrational rumors about getting an STD from communal toilet seats. Either way there is only one stall I have ever used in that bathroom and it was taken. So I walked back out and decided I could wait...

I mean, what's one more hour without an infectious disease and an uncomfortably full bladder?

No comments: