Wednesday, September 30, 2009

vida y verdad

Her deep, dark round eyes looked up at me expectantly. They shown through wispy bangs that were a little too long, causing her to brush them away with the back of her hand every 30 seconds or so. Her smile gave her eyes a little extra mysterious sparkle, she leaned towards me and pondered over the decision at hand. Right or left? Which hand held the treasure? When she picked the right hand, I produced a small blue flat marble that was used as a marker for one of the games. The marble gleamed in the fluorescent light of the basement room of the Spanish church. The treasure made her eyes get even rounder and made the smile stretch from ear to ear. She reached for the treasure, then transfered it from hand to hand, weighing it's specialness. She wrapped her little fingers around it and held it close to her heart. Her lips curled in a smile that stretched across her entire face and sheer pleasure shown in her eyes. She beamed with a pleasure that was contagious.

This is how my heart feels after being at Iglesia Camino. It's my little treasure that I keep close to my heart that brings a smile to my face, warmth to my heart and overflowing contentment.

Life is good. Life is really good.

No comments: