Wednesday, October 7, 2009

catch-all

My heart is restless and uneasy. Something is changing again, a new wind is blowing, calling my name, awakening old feelings in my soul. It might be the changing weather, it might be the added stress, it might be that I've tightened the grip on my heart. I'm not sure, but it is different. It isn't that same feeling of reckless abandon or the need to get away. It's tangible but nameless and descriptionless. It's a new strength that is welling up inside, bubbling from the depths and slowly rising like a late night tide. It doesn't need to be fed by short dresses or boots. It doesn't really need anything, just validation of its presence. Maybe even acceptance. It will show itself when it is ready.

In other news...
I sent some of my writing in for a short story competition. Granted it's just for the Hilltop Monitor, but it still is sending shock waves through my gut. They catch me off guard and send chills up and down my back before retreating back as quickly as they came. It's not that I'm nervous about the outcome, its this feeling of being completely vulnerable with new people. With people that I wouldn't be normally comfortable bearing my soul with. Too late now, my little innocent baby story is out in the big bad world....




No comments: